The insurance sector is an area where Lindahl's Financial Services team has specific cutting edge expertise, and works regularly in conjunction with both Swedish and international insurance companies (direct insurance as well as reinsurance), insurance brokers, occupational pension providers and pension funds.
The advice includes all insurance-related issues, such as licensing, regulatory compliance, cross-border operations, distribution- and marketing, as well as other types of regulatory issues linked to the insurance business. In addition, the team also provides assistance in insurance disputes.
Our dedicated team of lawyers has long experience and in-depth knowledge of the insurance sector, both as leading lawyers and with their own experiences from both the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority and companies in the industry. The collective expertise enables Lindahl to deliver effective, businesslike and tailored advice in a complex regulatory environment. Our solution-oriented approach and good insight into the industry enables us to work closely with our clients in order to maximise the value for their businesses.
In addition, Lindahl's Financial Services team has extensive experience of assisting insurance distributors in issues linked to measures against money laundering and terrorist financing.
"Our dedicated team of lawyers has long experience and in-depth knowledge of the insurance sector."
Examples of Lindahl's advice within the insurance sector:
Lindahl's Financial Services team's specialist expertise enables it to provide assistance in areas including:
- Establishment, extension of licences, acquisitions, restructuring and liquidation of insurance companies, occupational pension providers, insurance brokers and pension funds
- Expertise within Solvency II and IDD
- Up-to-date advice in regulatory issues
- Up-to-date support in issues linked to tax and regulatory compliance, including risk- and claims management
- Product development
- Drafting of insurance terms
- Interpretation and dispute in relation to, for example, insurance terms
- Support for foreign insurance operators in establishing themselves in Sweden
- Support surrounding AML/CTF regulatory requirements
- Advice concerning sustainability/ESG, such as regulatory compliance linked to the Disclosures Delegated Act and the Taxonomy Climate Delegated Act