Lindahl's history stretches back to 1918 when Alf Lindahl founded a law firm in Stockholm.
On 1 January 1990, Alf Lindahl's firm merged with Dag Magnusson's law firm in Göteborg, Lundius, Laurin and Ljungholm in Malmö, Lund and Kristianstad, Ramberg and Stenström in Helsingborg and Carlbäck & Partners in Örebro.
The new firm took the name of Lindahl after Magnus Lindahl, the oldest of the firms' partners and son of Alf Lindahl. Göran Ramberg was appointed the first Chairman of the new firm.
In 1996, the firm, Chrysander joined Lindahl, which meant that the firm now had an office in Uppsala.